Saturday 5 September 2015

Only The Way of The Lord Leads To Life



An incidence from my secondary school days was brought to my memory today. We had a Maths test on a topic I disliked with all my heart. Immediately the Maths teacher wrote the questions on the chalkboard, the 'efico' (maths guru) of the class solved the questions with the speed of light and virtually everyone started to copy from her because the teacher went to conduct the test for other classes.

I also copied the supposed solution. However, as I was about to finish copying, I felt this guilt weighing me down. Immediately, I tore the paper I was copying the solution on and I picked another sheet of paper. I tried to solve the Maths problem to the best of my ability and submitted.

Well, the test results came back and I had scored 12 out of 15 marks (and that was because I couldn't finish solving the equation because time had run out on the day of the test) while all those who copied the answers from the "Maths guru" scored nothing.

How can I ever forget that incidence?

As I was thinking about that experience of mine, I was being ministered to.

Many of us just want the easy way out of our life issues. We usually look to other human beings like ourselves to solve our problems. We forget our virtues in the face of trouble. Some of us "set Christianity aside" to get our problems solved the way of the world. Many simply walk out of the way of the Lord.

Well, I have news for you (or wish to remind you) that the way of the world will only lead you to destruction. Only God's way will lead you to the green pastures. The way of the world can only lead you to the synthetic grass (fake and useless for food).

There is a path before each person that seems right,
but it ends in death. (Proverbs 14:12)

Look to the Lord for your help. He is the only one with the perfect solution to every problem in your life. Put your trust in God alone henceforth and I assure you that all things will work together for your good.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. (Proverbs 3:5, 6)

Stop trying to pre-empt God. You need to grow beyond the level of a bread and butter Christian (like my mother would say) who only stays with God when he/she gets what he's looking for from God. Move up to the place where you will be able to say, "Even though He slay me, I will yet trust Him!"

Because even if he killed me, I'd keep on hoping. (Job 13:15 MSG)

Remember that all that you need for life has been given to you by God. It's in You! Don't throw it away for a morsel of bread or a bowl of pottage. Believe me, ALL you need is GOD.

-OMOSEBI Mary Omolola
 ©2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated. God bless you!