Saturday 12 September 2015

All That Glitters is Not Gold.



As I sat there cracking walnuts, I began thinking about how blind our physical eyes truly are- even though they are wide open. My thought was briskly drawn to the several choices I have made and those I have seen others make (Marital choices, career choices, relationship choices, etc). You see, some of the walnuts were in perfect condition while some others were already rotten. There was no way I could have discerned which nuts were good and which ones were bad.

Sometime ago, I entered a fabric store to get some materials. I picked one which I felt matched the colour I wanted. I suddenly realized the light in the store wasn't white at all. I decided to step out of the shop and verify the real colour of the material. Lo and behold, I had something entirely different from what I wanted in my hands. I wouldn't have discovered until I probably got home.

That it looks like gold doesn't necessarily make it gold 'cos it could just be gold plated. The fact that that guy is tall, dark and handsome and probably with the sweetest smile you've ever seen doesn't necessarily mean he's the perfect match for you. The fact that that lady has the finest face, has the sweetest voice and is sooooo nice does not necessarily make her Miss right for you. The fact that the new job comes with a better pay does not necessarily make it a wise choice because it might actually be a death trap for you (maybe not of your body, but of your spirit or marriage- just like Adam and Eve).

My sister usually refers to The Holy Spirit as the Binoculars of Life. I kinda like that description of Him. The Holy Spirit helps us see what our physical eyes cannot see. He makes life much easier to live in. With Him there is no need for trial and error, no gambling.

Trust The Holy Spirit from today and see for yourself what difference His presence can make in a man's life. He has the perfect test strip for every step you need to take.

Go and win with Jesus!

~OMOSEBI Mary Omolola
 ©2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated. God bless you!