Wednesday 1 April 2015

Invest In What You Want


As I read the book of Proverbs 27, I found something really intriguing. I remember my mother always asking me when last I had called Dr This, Pastor That and Professor This-That. She would insist that I keep in touch with people who had been good to me in the past.

Here is the verse I'm emphasising on today:
Take care of a fig tree and you will have figs to eat. Servants who take care of their master will be honored Proverbs 27:18).


You seek help through someone, and you have not even called to welfare the person in two years. He/she had a celebration or negative experience which you were aware of but you didn't bother rejoicing or mourning with him/her (I was actually guilty of an incidence recently). How do you expect him/her to even remember you. When there is a job opening in his company, the probability is that your name might not even pop up in his mind. I have come to realize just how easy it is for busy people to forget some people.

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that you should shift your trust from God to man. I am only saying that you can only reap what you sow. If you care for others, you will be cared for. If you show concern for others, concern will be shown for you too. You want to tread on cool ground, pour some cold water ahead of you (it's a yoruba adage that I don't seem to know a better way to interpret. Lol)

Have you seen this too?
A gift opens doors for the one who gives it and brings him into the presence of great people (Proverbs 18:16 GWT).

And it is not only those you seek help from that you should be good to. Be good to all. Be good without expecting them to repay you. You might not even reap directly from where you have sown. Keep sowing via the broadcast method. You will definitely not miss your harvest.

Begin sowing seeds of kindness today. Show mercy. Sow what you wish to reap.

~OMOSEBI Mary Omolola

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated. God bless you!