Monday 4 January 2016

HOLD ON TO YOUR CONVICTIONS FIRMLY



You may find that some people do not understand your assignment, call, decisions or methods as a child of God. They may want you to change your methods to what they think is best. Please, don’t make that mistake if it's God that has set your feet on that path. Let the Holy Spirit have the final decision over every step you want to take.

Some weeks back, I had to make a decision which was unconventional. Three people on different occasions gave opinions contrary to what I believed was the decision I was meant to take. One actually quoted a Bible story to back up what the person thought was right. (I have had similar experiences in the past where I stood alone with my decision. I might share with you later. . .)

In the midst of it all, my spirit was reminded of Prophet Hosea who God asked to marry a prostitute. Boom! Seriously, I am certain that if I was around at the time Hosea was given that instruction, I would most likely have told him it couldn't have been God that spoke to him if he asked for my opinion. But that was God speaking to him.

God asked him to do something totally out of the book. However, because Hosea knew God's voice clearly, he chose to do the unusual. I must say that is one 'blindfollower' of God.

Apostle Peter's case also came to mind. He was afraid of what the Jews would say if they saw him mingling with gentiles. But God had already broken the barriers.

God reminded me that where and how He leads are what's important; not the opinions of men.

Sometimes God decides to lead His children on unfamiliar routes in other to prove a point. You can be sure that He never makes mistakes. He does not make guesses since He knows all things. His foolishness is wiser than the wisdom of men.

Get to understand God's voice and follow His lead as you journey through life. He is dynamic. Learn to move with the flow.

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. (Romans 8:14 KJV)

The wind blows (breathes) where it wills; and though you hear its sound, yet you neither know where it comes from nor where it is going. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit. (John 3:8 AMP)

 After he has gathered his own flock, he walks ahead of them, and they follow him because they know his voice.  They won’t follow a stranger; they will run from him because they don’t know his voice.” (John 10:4-5 NLT)

Train your ears to identify God’s voice.

Develop an unwavering faith in God. Trust Him to lead you to the green pastures through whatever route He chooses.

Don't let man misdirect you.

You can be sure that God will NEVER mislead you.

Trust and obey the LORD.

~ OMOSEBI Mary Omolola 
© 2016

2 comments:

  1. I wholeheartedly support this writeup. How I wish every child of God will get this right. Many people did not agree with my choice of life partner but since I knew God was leading me to marry her, I went ahead. It's been 15 wonderful tears of marriage and I thank God I followed His leading. Like I think I read in one of your previous posts, the voice of the multitude is not always the voice of God. More inspiration sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your experience. Thank God for the testimony of His faithfulness in your life. And thanks for following my posts. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated. God bless you!