Monday 18 January 2016

The Serial Killer You Should Flee From



Some years back, God revealed something to me in my dream one night. I saw a young plant growing in my heart. I asked God what that meant and He told me it was the fruit of unforgiveness- Bitterness (that i harboured against someone).

This bitterness was standing in the way of my relationship with God. I had bottled up my anger which kept my soul under siege. I was suffering from incessant headaches too without knowing the source until God revealed it to me.

I begged God to forgive me and that He would help me forgive the person in question. I had assumed that I had forgiven the person but in actual fact I had not released this person completely from the prison of my heart for the wrong done against me.

Practising sin cultivates the fruit of sin- emptiness, bitterness, foolishness and a sense of meaningless activity. If you refuse to uproot the planting of wrong done you by forgiving, it grows into bitterness and bears several fruits of the flesh.

Here's what Job and Solomon had to say about bitterness:

The foolishness of man subverts his way [ruins his affairs]; then his heart is resentful and frets against the Lord. Prov 19vs3

“I am disgusted with my life.
Let me complain freely. My bitter soul must complain. Job 10vs1

So I came to hate life because everything done here under the sun is so troubling. Everything is meaningless—like chasing the wind. Eccl 2vs17

Unresolved bitterness is deadly. It is a serial killer. It affects not only your spirit but also your soul and body. Your relationship with God is jeopardised and your body suffers from different kinds of illnesses like headaches, hypertension, etc.

Where the spirit of The Lord is, there is liberty. The joy of the Lord is a valid source of strength.

Are you bitter (at yourself, life or someone else)? Check out for the root cause (lack of a sense of purpose, unforgiveness, etc).

God is not a God of bitterness but of joy. Don't let the devil rob you of that precious asset- Joy!

~ OMOSEBI Mary Omolola
© 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated. God bless you!