Sunday 8 March 2015

The Lord Is My Shepherd. . .


The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. . . Because I am the sheep of His pasture I will lack no good thing. Because I do not stray out of the flock I will stand strong. Because I allow God direct my path, I will not lack direction; and I will not fall into ditches. Because The Lord holds me by the hand, I am led to flourishing places. I will not labour in vain. . . All because The Lord is my shepherd.

The Good Shepherd knows where the watered pasture is. He leads me there. He feeds my spirit, soul and body with fresh food always. Favour is at work in me. I don't have to labour. I plant and I reap because The Shepherd of my soul leads me to fertile ground. I am fruitful because He has the wheel of my life in His hands. The All-knowing God is my guide.

I live in His peace. The Prince of peace is my Shepherd. He directs me to peaceful places and situations. Because He abides with me, nothing is missing; nothing is broken. He makes me experience peace in a turmoil-filled world. When others are saying, "there is a casting down", I can only testify that "There is a lifting up". I'm not moved by what they say. My anchor holds and grips the solid rock. I have no need to fear.

The Lord gives me rest. Jehoshaphat enjoyed calm in his realm because He allowed God to be his Shepherd. He allowed God lead him through unconventional path. He went to battle with musical instruments. He totally trusted God with his life and His nation. He was a man of faith who reaped the dividend of allowing God be one's shepherd. He gives his beloved sleep. Situations and circumstances around me do not control me. My sleep is not snatched away by worries. I know my Shepherd- my Lord is in control of everything. He has promised never to leave me or forsake me. I believe it. . . That settles it!

Amen!

~OMOSEBI, Mary Omolola

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated. God bless you!