Saturday 28 February 2015

It's A Girl? So?



I don't just get it. I thought the fact that more people are getting formal education was going to change things a bit. I still hear so many men talk as if they have never visited a school.  I guess we need to send these men compulsorily to Biology classes all over again. Once the wife is pregnant, the next thing they are after is if it's going to be a girl or a boy. Some are so terribly barbaric that once they find out they are expecting a girl, they won't take extra care of their wives even while pregnant. Then I wonder, Is it not a woman that gave birth to him?

And the saddest part is when mothers-in-law and sisters-in-law start WWIII with the daughter-in-law/sister-in-law. I then ask myself, "Are they not women themselves?" And they have the audacity to say that female children are worthless.

As if a woman is not a human being. I am not a feminist or what's it called.  I just imagine if there was no woman, how men would have given birth (I can't even begin to imagine). I am a woman and I can categorically say to the glory of God that I am not worthless. I don't regret being a woman for any reason. Or, can someone say I am not a blessed child? Even if anyone says that, God hasn't said that. I know who I am in Him.

These people make the women feel like they are responsible for determining the sex of their child. They tell them, "Is it only girls you will be giving birth to?" Some men even threaten to get another lady pregnant. Then I ask myself and answer the question at the same time: Is he God? No!!!!!! There is no certainty that the other woman will have a boy for him either. God decides what sex he gives. That makes me wonder when some women stress themselves out by trying all sorts of things that people have said can help you choose the sex of the baby you will have. Don't allow yourself to be manipulated into thinking that it's your fault you are having a baby girl. Love your baby. Take care of your baby. Above all, thank God for blessing you with a baby. Remember that some people would love to have what you do, but they don't just yet. Males and females are the same before God. Appreciate God for the privilege of motherhood.

The women too fall for the threats and continue to get pregnant over and over again. I have seen several cases where women who in the name of trying for a male child after several female children have had severe health challenges or even died. Some of these men even start having extra-marital affairs. They claim that their wives are no longer as attractive or agile as they were before. But what do they expect? After the woman has gone through the rigours of pregnancy and childbirth severally? This is sheer wickedness.

In case you don't know, the woman has only the X-chromosome to donate. It's the man that God has placed the 'joker' in. If he donates the X-chromosome, it's a girl. And if it's the Y-chromosome, it's going to be a boy.

If you are guilty of this gender-bias, you need to stop it. I beg you by the mercies of God to have a change of mind. Children are gifts from God irrespective of their gender. Parents must be grateful for these precious gifts.
#penningmythoughts #stillinshockatsomecases
#mayGodhavemercy

God created man in His image- Male and Female created He them!

~OMOSEBI Mary Omolola
2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated. God bless you!