Sunday 1 February 2015

The BIBLE



Though it was written a long time ago, the Bible is God's Word for us today, and it is relevant for our every need. It answers our every question! 


For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Hebrews 4vs12 


The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever.” Isaiah 40vs8 


All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work. 2Timothy 3vs16-17 


The Bible gives guidance. The Word of God is from the mind and heart of God, and who can deny that the all-wise, all-powerful, ever present God is the best guide of all? 


James 1vs5 (LB) says: "If you want to know what God wants you to do, ask Him, and He will gladly tell you, for He is always ready to give a bountiful supply of wisdom to all who ask Him; he will not resent it." 


You guide me with your counsel, 
leading me to a glorious destiny. Psalm 73vs24 



Your word is a lamp to guide my feet 
and a light for my path. Psalm 119vs105 



The Bible is filled with God's promises, which give us comfort and encouragement in this life as well as the cofident assurance that we (His children) will one day live forever in peace and security with Him! 


Every word of God proves true. He is a shield to all who come to him for protection. Proverbs 30vs5 


Remember your promise to me, for it is my only hope... It comforts me in all my troubles... I meditate on your age-old laws; O Lord, they comfort me... Your principles have been the music of my life throughout the years of my pilgrimage. Psalm 119vs49-50, 52, 54 


Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled. Romans 15vs4 


The Bible was written a long time ago but never outdated! All we need for LIFE and GODLINESS has been handed out to us through God's Words written in the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated. God bless you!